Tis the season for increased crime activity. Take every precaution that you can to keep you and yours safe this holiday season!
• Always be mindful that thieves are opportunists... removing opportunities for a criminal to commit a crime will reduce your chances of becoming a victim.
• Most people display their Christmas trees in a window in the front of their homes. Almost always there will be a bounty of wrapped gifts under that tree. Whenever you leave your home for an extended period of time be sure to pull those drapes shut or close your blinds to remove those gifts from the view of a thief. If you have a live tree closing those drapes will help it stay fresh longer too.
• When you leave your home for an extended period of time make certain it is secure. The weather is great this time of year and many people like to leave their doors and windows open. Be sure to close and lock them before you leave your residence unattended. Ditto for vehicles parked in your driveway.
• Unlocked cars are almost always the first ones to be burglarized.
• If you are out shopping or are coming home from shopping, be sure to keep your gifts out of view. A bounty of new toys, electronics or other shopping bags can be very tempting for a criminal.
• Christmas almost always means new bikes, trikes, skateboards, and a myriad of toy vehicles will be out in full force in the days following Santa’s visit. Many of the operators of these new acquisitions will be inexperienced. Make certain your kids understand the rules of the road and wear helmets whenever appropriate. Even more important... be on the lookout for these “inexperienced” riders and drivers when you are driving through Integra Meadows.
We hope you have a safe and happy holiday!!!!