The window for Osceola School District parents to request an out-of-zone (OOZ) transfer for the 2011/2012 school year will end on June 1, 2011. Applications will not be accepted after June 1, 2011. All out-of-zone transfer requests for elementary, middle, and high school will be handled at the district level in the following manner:
- Parents/guardians may pick up out-of-zone transfer forms from the home-zoned school or school their student is currently attending. Forms may also be picked up at Student Services, located at 801 Bill Beck Boulevard in Kissimmee.
- Parents/guardians completing the out-of-zone requests, please make sure to answer all questions on the form. Incomplete information may result in a processing delay. Completed forms may be hand-carried to Student Services, located at 801 Bill Beck Blvd., Kissimmee, or sent in by mail. Schools will not process, deliver, or forward the completed forms.
- Once the out-of-zone request is received at the district level, supporting information from the student database, as well as the approved criteria guidelines, will be used to approve or deny the request.
- An approval or denial letter will be forwarded to the parents/guardians, to the home-zoned school, and the requested school.
- The approval letter will reiterate the principal’s prerogative to revoke the out-of-zone if the student does not comply with the responsibilities of acceptable standards in the areas of conduct, attendance, and grades as outlined in the out-of-zone agreement. Additionally, the parent/guardian will be directed to contact the school to complete a schedule request for his/her child.
- Parents/guardians are responsible for out-of-zone student transportation.
- Parents/guardians will continue to have the right to request an appeal by contacting the Student Services office. Appeal information will be provided in the denial letter.
Requests received after the June 1, 2011, deadline will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Questions regarding out-of-zones may be addressed to Millie Mercardo in Student Services at 407-870-4897 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Source: Osceola School District's website: www.osceola.k12.fl.us